Thursday, October 11, 2007

My happiest moment of the day. . .

If any of you have read, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, you know what a great and inspirational writer she is. I recently watched her on the Oprah show. One of things she had to say that touched and inspired me, was about keeping a journal of your "happiest moment of the day". Every day at the end of the day you write down what your happiest moment was, and it can be the simplest thing.

Today for me, was being able to contribute to an entrepreneur on www.kiva.org. The site helps entrepreneurs in developing countries secure micro-loans. Anyone can contribute. It was the first contribution from the "fobbie fund". Even though it was small, I look forward to being able to contribute on a regular basis.

The entrepreneur we're helping is Soliev Solijon from Khujand, Tajikistan.

No comments: